Re: [MiNT] MMU usage in MiNT, fork/mmap

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 10:19 +0200, mikro wrote:
> > process at fork and again at every task switch.  Is anyone actively
> > working on a real virtual address space for MiNT?  I have a feeling this
> > will eventually be necessary.
> >
> I haven't that brave to write "I do", but.. ;) I chose this topic as my
> school project, i.e. complete VM machine for MiNT.. Unfortunately, maybe two
> days after this decision (to make VM for MiNT) my Falcon + ct60 died,
> completely :( I bought another Falcon, but you can imagine my chances to
> finish it on plain 030@16 MHz.. So I have to wait until Rodolphe fixes my
> old f030+ct60 or when I receive new ct63 or to borrow friend's f030+ct2 or
> to develop it under aranym. The last option sounds as the best for me, but I
> have some problems with configuring/compiling aranym sources and running
> mint with mmu support as well..
>
> all at  all, I want to implement this, but tons of problems that even don't
> touch the topic (mmu).. :-/

This is important work.

If you plan to seriously work on this and the time is not insane, I'd be
happy to let you borrow my CT60 with 80MHz 060rev6.  It's slightly
fragile since I dropped it when I first got it and broke some of the
SDram connector though :-/  Please let me know though, if you have a
working falcon.  How long is this job supposed to take?  couple months?
year?  5 years? ;-)

Another perhaps BETTER option... Is you can use my falcon for compiling
remotely.. Then download binaries to your 030.  If it's a debug binary
it'll take a while sure, but if it's stripped it's only several hundred
kilobytes.

OR you could cross compile on a pc?

Thanks,
Mark