Re: [MiNT] question about socket calls

On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 11:07 -0400, Lonny Pursell wrote:
> on 4/30/2005 10:15 AM, Odd Skancke wrote:
>
> > The best way.... hmm... tell me you use XaAES, I'll add fselect to
> > evnt_multi() and all your probs are solved :)
>
> Certainly would be an interesting approach.  However, I am looking for a
> solution that would still work with N.Aes at this time.  Also the vnc
> program can always be changed later.  :-))

I'd certainly prefer the fselect() in evnt_multi() method, but it should
be possible to hack it other ways.  For example, you could tfork() a new
thread that does the fselect() and then instructs the "gui" thread to
exit from evnt_multi() either by sending it an AES message (probably
slower), or sends that thread a signal such as SIGALRM, which
theoretically should cause the evnt_multi() loop to exit.