Re: [MiNT] New AES keyboard messages

on 4/1/2005 5:20 PM, Evan K. Langlois wrote:

>How much variance of the API can such a relatively small developer base handle?
>And is it really necessary to code a new API to handle hardware that doesn't
>currently exist, won't exist under any platform for quite a long time
>(multimedia keys and such use a sequence of scancodes, which the OS doesn't
>necessarily give directly to applications) especially when no new hardware is
>currently in development now or in the foreseeable future?

I don't see any relationship to variances in the API and the size of the
developer base.  Sorry, but that comment makes no sense whatsoever to me. If
a given call is properly documented, it's a no brainer.  The developer can
use the call, or not use the call.

If someone wants to spend the time... they will.  Remember, it's their time,
not yours.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/