Re: [MiNT] question about socket calls

on 4/20/2005 3:36 AM, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> Very cool!

Thanks.

> Don't get limited by 1 MB ST and implement High and TrueColor modes.
> Doesn't matter that it will eat 5 MB for frame buffer. Those that mean
> it have even more RAM. And for the others there's the Outside.prg :)

Oh I was just saying it probably won't work for such people.
That is their problem entirely and their limitation.  I didn't implement TC
because my hades is not properly set up for testing.  Seems VNC does not
support 24, (actual bits) but does support 32 bit. I don't have such modes
defined yet on my hades.  I do plan to look into this later though. I also
added RRE and CoRRE decompression, but does not seem to do much for an fast
ethernet link.  The RAW mode is still faster.  Hextile and zRLE are still on
the list-o-things to do.  ;-)

> but not much if done smartly. I remember Doug Little wrote nice code for
> his BadMood project (a Doom clone :) Also Patrice has fast code in his
> libSDL port, I believe.

I'll definitely look into this later.
I just now got the password stuff to work.
Thanks to Adam K and others who gave me tips.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/