Re: [MiNT] CVS changes mailing list

Hello,

I thought about even more radical solution... It is not a problem to move those projects out of scope of the FreeMiNT cvs and have them each inside a separate repository, right? Then you gain more control in regard to repository write access and such. But also some more work to maintain multiple repositories.

Let's have a look at what's in the mint-cvs repository :

 cat/
 freemint/
 lib/
 mintlib/
 qed/
 smurf/
 sparemint/
 test/
 vlogin/
 xg/

Your initial question with QED cvs was whether there should be a new repository for that. I should have probably said that it is not mint related and therefore it should go to a separate module.

Hmmm... i'm not sure it's the good solution.

For projects that are actively maintained by some developpers, you're right: the best solution for that project is to have its own CVS repositoryn so that the main maintainer can control the development (give write access to CVS to some contributors, setup a dedicated CVS mailing list...).

For project that are more "orphean", or "contribution wanted", i mean project that are not actively developped by a maintainer, i think mint-cvs is not a so bad place.

So perhaps moving everything that doesn't relate to FreeMiNT kernel, mintlib, and gemlib stuff should go out of the way in my opinion.

Opinions?

Yes !

I see another frontier (which is quite the same) between (freemint+aes+vdi, its tools and development libraries) and (applications).

Applications may be out of the CVS-ML scope, even if the application only runs on freemint. If the application is dedicated to setup freemint stuff, then the right place is in maybe freemint/tools. For other application, maybe the atariforge repository is a better choice.

BTW, i'm quite happy with current situation and current mint-cvs ML.
For sure, if someone decide to actively work on smurf and commits a lot of stuff every day, i'll be unhappy for the ML, but happy for the application ;)

best regards,
Arnaud.