Re: [MiNT] [Fwd: [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] cat/EDITOR/INCLUDE]

Hello!

OK, let me rephrase: what is this Cat and why it occupies a part of MiNT CVS apparently?

It's a german project for a mail/newsreader (originally written for the german 'Mausnet'). The FreeMiNT CVS server was never intended to be dedicated to the kernel and mintlib only. So far QED, the GEM X11 server, the gemlib, cflib, Smurf and Cat are all modules inside the CVS server.

Its only use - so far - it seems, is to generate a bunch (10-20 sometimes) reports a day about its files being removed from CVS, or put back,

That's wrong. That only happended due to some file moving, for sure not every day. It's archived if you want todo some statistics.

I didn't subscribe to get detailed reports about any preliminary works people do on CVS, nor to get detailed reports about temporary files being put or removed from CVS, or about someone's private works (the stuff done with the "Cat" is apparently not intended to be public, as comments are either in German or don't exist at all). This is just annoying.

The comments are in german because it's a german project. And this are normal CVS operations.

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060