Re: [MiNT] ssh or telnet with zmodem

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 03:00 -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> Szymanski, Frank-Peter (DMT) wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there any ssh or telnet with integrated zmodem available for mint?

Not integrated, but both telnet and ssh will allow you to run external
programs connected to the current terminal.  I haven't done this in
awhile, but I have used the capability to zmodem over tcp/ip.  Its
probably been 2 years though.

> Why would you use zmodem over ssh when you could just use scp?

  A  --->  B  --->  C

A = myhost.mydomain.com
B = yourhost.yourdomain.com
C = 192.168.10.10

Assume you want to reach host C.  You are computer A.  You can not reach
host C because it is on a private network (assume there is no port
forwarding from B to C, or NAT of any kind).  You can only reach host B.
You could scp from C back to A if C can reach the internet, but host C
is a private NFS or MySQL server that is only for internal use, so no
NAT or port forward or anything allows C to talk to anything but the
internal network.

bash@A> ssh B
bash@B> ssh C
bash@C> sz myfile.tar.gz