[MiNT] List Archives

Hi guys,

Earlier someone had a question about searching the archives.   I've looked at
the current implementation, and I had a few ideas on improvements.   I thought
I'd get some feedback before finishing the implementation and testing it on my
server.

First - if I finish this - will I have to continue to host it myself, or can
someone move the code over to Atariforge later?   I'm assuming mysql and perl
are available.  Its a bit over 100MB of data with all messages as uncompressed
text, plus whatever the MySQL overhead is to store and index it all.

The goals are:

 1 - easily searchable and indexable, both from a search page, and via google -
let me know what sort of search capabilities you want other than subject search
and body search for keywords.
 2 - should be easy to follow a thread forward and back
 3 - mask/mangle or remove all email addresses anywhere in message to prevent
spam
 4 - pretty the output to be easier to read - this looks better than my desktop
mail-reader now.
 5 - make all links clickable, including system calls - system calls should pull
up a wiki with a description of the call.

The wiki and the message markup are done - now I just need to slurp in messages
into MySQL and make a search page to list messages and a display page that
grabs the data for a message with links to other messages in the same thread
and runs the message body through the markup. Another link from the search page
displays ALL messages specifically so search engines will find them all.

Ideas?  Comments?  Would anyone but me find it useful?

-- Evan