Re: [MiNT] zmodem stuff...

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 11:28 -0400, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Well, I've been playing around. :-)
>
> Using "ztelnet" under Mandriva Linux, I can upload and download files to my
> BBS.
>
> It goes like this:
> ztelnet 24.177.23.74 (go through the login process and pick a file to D/L)
> BBS software sends the file via zmodem
> Type <control>] and you're at the ztelnet prompt
> Type "rz -v" and the file starts downloading
> When its complete, hit <enter> to return to the BBS.
> Use "sz" for uploading.
>
> A friend of mine says hyperterminal under Windows XP lets him U/L and D/L from
> the BBS.
>
> I don't have my Falcon right now (sent it to Mark D. for the motherboard
> upgrade) but when I get it back, I'll try some of the comms software and see
> how it goes. (as well as the suggestions from Brian).
>
> In the meantime, ztelnet seems to be a very small package, could someone
> compile it from source under MINT?

The author of ConNect (Wolfgang something I believe) was supposed to GPL
and deliver to me the sourcecode of connect several years ago but he
disappeared and no longer answers email.  One of the things I really
wanted was telnet support in connect, but as it turns out, there's a
newsgroup posts that indicates you can do it through the Coshy shell.
Well that would have been a big waste of time considering you can just
use MiNT telnet or even ssh!

Thanks,
--
Mark Duckworth <mduckworth@atari-source.com>