Re: [MiNT] Cool new AES features

ons, 06,.07.2005 kl. 17.49 -0400, skrev Mark Duckworth:
> On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 23:38 +0200, Zorro wrote:
>
> > >These plugins can display a PNG *OVER* an existing image using the alpha
> > >channel of the PNG to composite two images?
> > >
> > Not with the actual version ( Beta 5).. you can only choose a background
> > color and the RGBA will be drawn above.
> >
> > With the next version, yes, you will can to do that.
>
> IMHO the complaints about zview are bunk.  It seems to me that it's a
> good graphics conversion backend to base software on.  But then again
> I'm not a seasoned AES coder.  What does ozk think?  It should be his
> choice.

 I'm not familiar with the libraries or whatever in question here, but I
dont see no reason not to use them, as long as the API is standarized in
such a way that using these libs (or whatever) dont create a problem
later on (for example if they suddenly get unsupported, no source and we
want to port).

 Best Regards
Odd Skancke