Re: [MiNT] AES features as plugins.

Selon Evan Langlois <Evan@CoolRunningConcepts.com>:

> On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 17:21 +0200, olivier.landemarre@utbm.fr wrote:
>
> > For zview plugin made with ldg, in fact you are not in userspace (totaly
> share
> > with no memory protection), ldg manage memory protection, and only
> software
> > using it have acces to it, it's manage with SHM. I know it because I write
> it!
>
> Getting this information from a cookie just seems wrong to me
Yes it's true, the TSR is not protected at all, this TSR is here for share libs
and work with all systems. The problem is that there is no way to extend system
to do this except do patch for a trap, this will something add in next MyAeS
release, this is very easy to do.
>- it seems
> like something that should be in OS, and I think it should be possible
> to do that without breaking existing software.  I have actually
> downloaded the LDG code and started to look at it.
>
> > So in fact ldg library if need and if coders have think about this of
> course,
> > are more protect than the AES itself that can be access for all in
> supervisor
> > mode! (perhaps not for XAAES I don't know).
>
> Ldg more protected than the kernel code?  Something seems wrong with
> that statement.

I have said "perhaps not for XAAES I don't know" because of it's kernel suppose
better protect, but for others AES it's sure. But in fact in kernel or not it's
so easy to crash AES that not do a big diffrent and a lot of software doesn't
support memory protected (ok this is not a good reason!).

> > MyAeS use for it work a lot of dynamical library (4 or 5), and next
> version
> > should be highly extensive, with plugin, because it will be possible to
> patch
> > AES itself by plugins! So wait for next version! (probably near october).
> This
> > is condition to put most of MyAeS code in public domain, because I have to
> clean
> > code and explain it, I have take 2 years to code and correct bug without
> really
> > looking how it was code, now I should clean it!
>
> sounds cool!
Yes if I can correct my MU_BUTTON trouble!

Olivier