Re: [MiNT] Cool new AES features

Hi,

[Off topic ON]

Evan Langlois a écrit :

Truecolor desktop backgrounds in many image formats doing whatever
conversions necessary via zview.

I don't know if zview is the right idea.  There are lots of graphics
libraries capable of manipulating a huge number of file formats and
doing smooth resizing.

Imagemagik or others GNU gfx libraries? I hope that you are joking...

Do you want to use static and unoptimised libraries that take about 10 Mb of disk space ( minimum) without the "image to screen" convertion code? Do you have forgot that we are on Atari?

And please, don't talk about image format; zview beta 6 will support JPG, GIF, (X)IMG, degas, neochrome, Eureka, godpaint, animated format ( currently only animated Gif), TGA, BMP, TIFF ( all, even the multipage ones), PNG with alpha layer, Postscript 1, 2, 3 and even the PDF 1.5.

It's not Gimp but I thing that it's no so bad for a sofware in beta stage.

I'd prefer the OS to support it so that there is
a better chance of hardware acceleration in the future and less
redundant code in the applications.

You prefer that OS support what ? Image decoding? what do you mean?

Hardware acceleration? Zview uses already the DSP and when the supervidel will be available, I will use the provided DCT acceleration.

Redundant code? the codecs are shareable and useable by everyone where is the redundant code?

[Off topic OFF]

Ciao,
Zorro