Re: [MiNT] usage of wind_calc()

Hello,

Apparently documented as behaving that way, but I'd agree its a bug.  In
the case of the bug, I guess the only accurate way to get the working
area is to start with the full area and then use wind_calc() and then
add the toolbar area.

You got it :) This is how windom do the job because this works for all AESes.

 Seems like a good reason for not supporting buggy
AESs and adopting the WCOWORK mode as you always have the working area.

I don't see the link between "buggy wind_get(WF_WORKXYWH)" and "use WCOWORK".

For me, the (very) good solution is to use the bug free wind_get(WF_WORKXYWH) function. That's all. If i need the WORK area of a window, the best way is to ask the AES by calling wind_get(WF_WORKXYWH). It's the cleanest way, and then the application will easily support on-the-fly theme change, because no AES data are cached in the application.

Remember that an application may want to know the the WORK area at any moment. This is not alway the consequence of a WM_MOVED/SIZED/... message.

best regards,
Arnaud.