[MiNT] Mint PTY

Hello guys,

Now that I got binutils working (really really REALLY seems to be
working right), we need to fix expect which apparently has never worked.
Expect is needed for the gcc/g++/binutils testsuites and there's no way
around that.  A very basic test of expect working properly is: expect -c
"spawn ls"

If you try this on your system it will most certainly fail, giving an
error about no available file descriptors.  The test fd is "/" which
probably just doesn't work on freemint and this error message is
misleading.  The problem is that it can't open a pty.

Looking at the structure, it appears that expect is mistakenly using
unicos Pty's when it should be using BSD pty's.  After making this
adjustment it still fails.  What I observed is that the master seems to
be created fine, /dev/ttyp* but not the slave ptys.  Under linux the
masters are /dev/pts/* and the slaves seem to be /dev/tty*, but under
mint it's a bit different, probably more similar to BSD since that's
MiNT's heritage.

The only thing I can find about MiNT is that "some people want to use
sln u:/pipe/pty.A u:/dev/pty.A
and so on for a couple pty's.  However, looking under pipe on recent
kernels these pty.* nodes don't seem to exist.  Is this correct or is
something broken?

Thanks,
Mark