Re: [MiNT] Sparemint Site/Updater

Quoting Mark Duckworth <mduckworth@atari-source.com>:

I tar'd up the current build so people can inspect my progress without
having LDG, sqlite3, windom and a bunch of other libs installed with
headers.   I'd imagine most people developing on Windom aren't using
v2.x branch.

Why sqlite and not gdbm?   Just curious is all.

As for the combined binary with a GEM and console mode, it's just the
way I'd prefer I think.  I don't know much about interprocess
communication so programming a front-end will be difficult for me.  Both
the GEM and console need to have almost precisely the same functionality
so it's not like the console binary will be huge as a result of the GEM
stuff.  Octopus BBS was programmed in this fashion and I always thought
it was excellent.

As for IPC, open a pipe with Fpipe(), it returns 2 filehandles, Fforce() stdout
to one end, and the Pexec() your command line program.   Now you can read from
the other file handle that was returned by Fpipe().  Each operation of the GEM
program would simply launch the command line version with different arguments
and read the results.  You should be able to find Unix code that demonstrates
this, and it will likely compile fine with mintlib.

Of course, waiting for PIPE data and waiting for AES data at once is currently
not directly supported by MiNT/XaAES.  Some day, I hope.

Thanks,
Mark