Re: [MiNT] what's wrong with this code?

> Why?

for speed. i guess Super() is much slower than simple trap call.

> That is not supposed to work from user mode on Atari hardware. The
> bottom few kbyte (don't remember exactly, but at least past the system
> variables, so probably until $800 or so) are protected by the hardware.

of course, i know this fact. that $80.w move i do in supervisor.

> You're doing this on a CT60, right? I guess it does something (remap low
> memory or similar) that makes this possible in the normal case.

as long as you don't switch to SV it isn't possible on anything, that's
clear

> more overhead). The last one would allow you to add your own Trap #0
> handler safely (well, at least unless you have turned on maximum
> protection in MiNT).

thanks for tip, but i fear it wont help since there's no problem in handler
vector setting but with the application of it.

> MiNT with memory protection should set the MMU up to protect that memory
> no matter what the hardware does.
>
> But it really "shouldn't" work in the other cases either. See above.

as i wrote, setting the $80 isn't the issue. if i disable code that calls
trap #0, it works. so that's the reason why i'm so confused with that MP
(non)functionality...

MiKRO         Atari XE/XL/Mega STE/Falcon060         http://mikro.atari.org