Re: [MiNT] [BINUTILS] 2.16.1howto

Le Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:08:00 +0200
Patrice Mandin <mandin.patrice@wanadoo.fr> a écrit:

> I just finished to write my page, with the final patch. Now testing
> and debugging is needed. I hope the infos I wrote there will help
> other to find what may prevent it from working.

OK, I tested by compiling a simple "hello world" program. The gcc
compilation did not change (i.e. from .c to .s), gas worked (from .s to
.o). The problem comes at link stage in ld.

m68k-atari-mint-ld: BFD 2.16.1 internal error, aborting at
../../binutils-2.16.1-new/bfd/aoutx.h line 5057 in
aout_link_input_section_std

The part of aoutx.h file related to this:

--8<--8<--8<--
  if (r != bfd_reloc_ok)
  {
    switch (r)
    {
      default:
      case bfd_reloc_outofrange:
        abort (); /* this is line 5057 that abort linking */
      case bfd_reloc_overflow:

The r variable is setup at various stages before this line, so this is a
problem with relocation stuff in prg-mint.c.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://membres.lycos.fr/pmandin/