Re: [MiNT] some gem question

Selon Frank Naumann <fnaumann@boerde.de>:

> Hello!
>
> > long names & fsfirst: it's nice we have some Pdomain() call but FsFirst
> and
> > FsNext ignores long names completely.
>
> No, Fsfirst/Fsnext are designed for 8+3 names only. It's not possible at
> all to handle long filenames through Fsfirst/Fsnext. This is how ATARI
> defined these interfaces as TOS was introduced.

This is something I never understand! because d_fname is at the end of structure
and can easily extend for long filename. Magic and Mint never extend this and I
not understand why, of course DTA structure should change, but it is not
incompatible. Software not doing Pdomain(1) should receive 8+3 file name and
other could receive long filename. So why? Just for my information.

Olivier