Re: [MiNT] some gem question

> To avoid that problem you f.e. have to divide the program into separate
> "threads", where one thread handles your main dialog, and another one
> handles the about dialog. This may be accomplished in several different
> ways.

hmm, could you refer me to some docs or explain that ways? (at least in
short form) Probably using "real" windows dialogs will fix this but I see
Aniplayer uses wdialogs same as me and it updates its main panel correctly.
The main problem I see in the fact application event loop is halted - I
can't update it even with "brute force"... Maybe I could do that updating in
that dialog's loop but this I find quite dirty solution. (every dialog
should then have function "update_others()")

> IIRC, MiNTLib parses the ARGV= completely and converts into standard C
> argument vector (argv). Forget about ARGV= then, and access the
> arguments the usual way C requires.

Hmm, so it's Teradesk bug then. What a pity Teradesk is the only desktop
which supports >128 filenames so I have no chance to test it on some other
desktop...

> MiNT calls are Dopendir(), Dreaddir(), Drewinddir() and Dclosedir().
> opendir(), readdir(), rewinddir() and closedir() aren't MiNT calls at
> all, these are MiNTLib functions. I suppose that if a system lacks the
> Dopendir() et consortes, MiNTLib emulates them using Fsfirst()/Fsnext().

thanks! this helped me a lot, now it works as expected.

MiKRO         Atari XE/XL/Mega STE/Falcon060         http://mikro.atari.org