Re: [MiNT] MyAES full of bugs

Ingo Schmidt wrote:

Hi everyone!

I know this might be a bit offtopic, but I dont know where else to
put it, so it comes up here:

I have been trying out MyAES, latest version and it fails on my Milan060,
MagiC-PC, Win-Aranym and Linux aranym.

Which OS is MyAES supposed to work with? Does it work with MiNT at
all? Does it work with memory protection enabled? Do I need a special
driver/setup?

I actually did manage to start it 2 or 3 times, but it didnt last
longer than 5 minutes before it froze.

Someone made an aranym disk image, but this one also ended with a
System halt on Aranym.

So what is the intention of MyAES? How do I get it to run with MiNT
and MP? Can it be clean, but not be a kernel module?

I am sorry to say this, but I have spent a few hours trying to get
MyAES to run but it crashed on any system I have, so I guess MyAES is
full of bugs?!

Cheers, Ingo =;->
Hello

I don't why you ask about this on Mint mailing list before ask to the author (me) to help to solve trouble, I'm actively working on it, and a new version will be avaible soon I hope.

For your question, MyAeS is unfinish for work under MP, but it should launch a part of softwares, for this you should change a flag in myaes.cnf configuration flag you should have
MYAES_memoire_protegee=1
or
MYAES_memoire_protegee=2

Without this it crash before have start the desktop! I should probably ask to system if it work on memory protected or not, I have no idea how to do this. By default this value is to 0 that is faster than other mode (for desktop redraw), because MyAeS is not a kernel module and not manage system process.

In a not MP system, MyAeS should work, I use it all the days 2 or 3 hours without crash, I know softwares crashing and some not correctly working (like Jinnee double click on desktop) of course.

It's a long time ago I have not test in MP mode because I have only Aranym to do this, for next realease I will try to do this.

Just send me directly mail, we will try to fix bugs with your test help.

Olivier