Re: [MiNT] strange memory violation

Le Mon, 07 Nov 2005 21:28:01 -0600
Evan Langlois <Evan@CoolRunningConcepts.com> a écrit:

> I find that most badly written software is written by people who are
> simply ignorant of what is available, and are unwilling to take the
> time to learn how to do it right.  So, they stick with what they know,
> and the end result usually works well for them, and anyone else stuck
> using it puts up with the quirks.
>
> Please.  Don't fall into this trap.  Learn the right way to do it.
> Its pretty obvious that you haven't thought this through.

The problem is that it is currently not that easy to make clean code.
And I think the cause is that most people don't want to code multiple
code paths for mint/magic/tos/whatever.

>From what I see in the code I wrote for SDL, most work was about trying
to make things clean, which was a bit hard. And now, I must write a
/dev/audio MiNT driver for SDL, so we could know if the current device
driver is usable or not.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/