Re: [MiNT] strange memory violation

Hello!

and let's add the comment about /dev/audio. And for let's say XMs we need /dev/xm and for S3M /dev/s3m. So this will lead us to /dev/modplayer (I remember some library with similar functionality, libmikmod?) and we've got what? General-purpose mod player?

No, you got it wrong (and a mod player should be for sure not a kernel module). The kernel is the interface to the hardware and so you should avoid accessing the hardware and use the kernel services instead. The kernel services are for example timer services or audio output services (and memory resource services, file system services and a lot more).

Btw. as FreeMiNT (like every system) is not perfect there is for sure room for improvement (also not all hardware features are as kernel services available).

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060