Re: [MiNT] WM_REPOSED implementation

tor, 08,.12.2005 kl. 11.19 +0100, skrev Olivier Landemarre:
> > I have aready defined bit 1 in wisgr to NM_INHIBIT_HIDE.
> >
> Ok so I can't use it, do you have other define bit for this?
> Arnaud can you add this in gemlib documentation?

 No, just bit 1 of wisgr in shel_write(SWM_NEWMSG,wisgr,...).

<snip>

> > Anyway, I do prefer keeping WM_REPOSED support in the way it is now.
> >That is, in the correct context via wind_set(WF_OPTS), as this is an
> >option specific to windows. In addition to that, wind_set(WF_OPTS) allow
> >apps to set options like this on each single window instead of affecting
> >all windows, if it chooses. It would allow us to let application like
> >Taskbar that set NM_INHIBIT_HIDE to use wind_set(WF_OPTS) to allow the
> >AES to hide only selected windows.
> >
> > Basically I think this; shel_write(SWM_NEWMSG,wisgr,...) should be used
> >to indicate generic message types, which doesnt fall into categories
> >like WM_xxx which are window messages. This is why AP_TERM is defined
> >here, and this is why I added MN_INHIBIT_HIDE here. Other messages which
> >fall into a specific category should be configurable via the relevant
> >calls, to keep things neat and tidy :)
> >
> > What do you think?
> >

> I think a bit to tell WM_REPOSED is support can be put here, this is a
> general config for windows, wind_set is for specific windows, here it
> will be for all windows, more simple for applications. My point of view,
> or we should add a wind_set() option to do general config if you prefer,
> in this case windows number will have no effect.

 If you pass as handle a value of -1, wind_set(WF_OPTS, handle, wopt0,
wop1, wop2) will make the selections apply on all windows the
application opens hereafter, and can be regarded as 'generic window
config'. So one initial wind_set(WF_OPTS, -1, ...) will accomplish the
same as you propose above. As I think it is good to allow for such
configuration on a per window basis, the cleanest way would be to use
one function for all related things. I dont think giving two different
calls the same meaning is a good thing, as this will most probably
result in confusion. OK, the WM_REPOSED is perhaps not the best example
on what I mean, since most apps either do or dont support it, so in
majority of the cases this would be set via wind_set(WF_OPTS, -1,...)
upon program start. Look into newcalls.txt and have a look at the
wind_set(WF_OPTS) documentation if you want to find out more. This
documentation is not complete yet, but better than nothing

> I think we should ask to devloppers what they prefer, shel_write() or
> wind_set(NEWMSG,..) specific.

 Yes, we should. But I dont think we should blindly accomodate their
wishes :)

Best Regards,
Odd Skancke