Re: [MiNT] WM_REPOSED implementation

Hello,

I have aready defined bit 1 in wisgr to NM_INHIBIT_HIDE.

Ok so I can't use it, do you have other define bit for this?
Arnaud can you add this in gemlib documentation?

Just done in CVS :)

I think a bit to tell WM_REPOSED is support can be put here, this is a general config for windows, wind_set is for specific windows, here it will be for all windows, more simple for applications.

I agree. For that particular feature, i think it is a parameter global to the application: either the application is ready to be resized by any border, or the application is only prepared to be resized from the bottom right corner. I don't think this must be tunable per window.

I see only two choices: an application is ready to catch WM_REPOSED for all its windows, or it is not. I really don't see why a developper may choice to manage WM_REPOSED for some windows, and choice to not manage WM_REPOSED for others... it's so simple to support WM_REPOSED !

My point of view, or we should add a wind_set() option to do general config if you prefer, in this case windows number will have no effect. I think we should ask to devloppers what they prefer, shel_write() or wind_set(NEWMSG,..) specific.

Just my opinion on the general meaning of each ""partial lib" of gemlib:

shel_xxx() function are reserved for "desktop" functionalities, this is stuff like lauching another application, creating a thread (which may become another AES application), desktop configuration of monoTOS desktop... the inhibit_hide feature is at the right place imo :)

wind_xxx() are for functions to get/set datas and features of a window.

In my opinion, none of these "libs" are the right place to tell the AES that WM_REPOSED is supported by the application. So... where ? well, i don't know. I see two options: - an appl_xxx() function because this must be global for the whole application. - an evnt_xxx() function because we command the AES to send WM_MOVED+WM_SIZED or WM_REPOSED to the application... it's just a choice of the *event* to be generated by the AES, so it's evnt_xxx stuff.

Which one of appl_xxx() or evnt_xxx() function ? i really have no idea ATM.

BTW, wind_xxx() is not so bad, but i don't like the support of that feature per window basis.

Best regards,
Arnaud.