Re: [MiNT] GemGS and Fvdi

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:32:27 -0500, Mark Duckworth wrote:

> You know if we had a GEM NVDI postscript printer driver, then we'd be
> able to use linux printing utilities to convert that output for today's
> inkjet's.
>
> Just a thought.... I don't print from my atari ever.

I print from my Atari quite a bit and would do more but I
feel it is an area that has been neglected a little bit.
It's always the last thing that developers add to their
applications ;-)

A few years ago I asked about the porting of linux printer
stuff to FreeMint, stuff like CUPS but I get the impression
there are several hurdles in the way.

It would be good to be able to use a better driver for
my Canon or have the possiblity of using new printers
if we get USB functionality.

Regards,

Peter