Re: [MiNT] Fwd: Re: FreeMiNT /dev for raw midi data?

Hi Peter,

What version of GnuPlot are you trying to build? I'll try to take a look at it if you can share the version, see if I can offer any tips.

Right now, I am trying to write a native TOS midi 'driver' (or maybe it is a method) for ScummVM (for the time being, replacing the Linux one) but I keep getting hung up in places. Its mostly trial and error, and I think my problem right now is the data that ScummVM is sending for a midi packet, I am not depacking it correctly for a handoff to the port. What I 'hope' is that this will eliminate the AdLib emulation (which is murder for running the games) and maybe allow music under TOS, but will still not allow the Talkie games to run without MiNT since the digital audio goes to /dev/audio, I think, with SDL, which uses threads. Lacking C++ experience hurts, but jumping into something is the best way to learn. My other problem is just finding some good midi programming examples on the ST..... Lots of ASM, but little C code, my best example I have is MidiPlay from 1991 or so.....

Keith