Re: [MiNT] wind_set(WF_TOPMOST)

> > BTW, if you reserve this feature for "system applications", how do you
> detect
> > one?
>
>  This is something we need to agree on. The details are not even
> remotely discussed or laid out. Basically I would like for the user to
> decide which application can use these 'system' features, because if
> apps only need to call appl_control() and become a system app, we may as
> well keep such things open as in the original idea by Olivier. Somehow
> the AES needs the user to 'validate' the programs that have extended
> access .. also because of security reasons. Perhaps some kind of AES
> modules? But first we need to agree on the basic things :)

So ok, there is for me 2 solution:

-First you can put in config file that an application allowed to do this sort of
things, so aes reject or not ask for this.

-Second first time an application some of this feature, a form_alert() can be
display to ask user if it accept this feature for this software, aes save this
params somewhere for next use.

In this 2 cases there is no need a new aes call for this, this is an internaly
problem for AES. Probably after, aes should provide a tool to change database
if aes save itself the data for this feature. So for me extension is good
enough, this is only  a problem of implementation, each aes should do by itself
solution for this, there is no API problem, application know nothing about this.

Olivier