[MiNT] Null modem connection, slip or ppp

Hello,

I am trying to setup a nullmodem connection with my linux box. It was
working before with mint 1.15.12 (and hsmodem serial port drivers).

Now I use current freemint cvs kernel (without hsmodem), but I can't
setup any connection on the mint side.

When I try with slip (on falcon, /dev/ttyS1 is the modem2 serial port?):
slattach -t /dev/ttyS1 -p slip -s 19200 -r <remoteip> -l <localip> &
I got error 'cannot link to an interface: cannot allocate memory'

With ppp:
pppd -detach crtscts lock noauth <localip>:<remoteip> /dev/ttyS1 19200 &
I got error: 'LCP: timeout sending config-requests'
'connection terminated'

On the linux box, I used setserial to setup the ports, so it should be
ok. I know most people use ethernet or an emulator, so any help is
welcomed, to make it work again.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/