[MiNT] Raw keyboard device?

Hi people,

In games and emulators, it is often useful to be able to know if two keys are pressed at once. Currently, the only way to do this is to take over the IKBD vector.

Suggestion - how about adding a device which returns the current state of each scancode? E.g. "/dev/rawkbd"?

A temporary solution could be to write a driver which takes over the IKBD vector when opened, and restores the vector when closed. The downside of this is that if stuff goes horribly wrong and the application crashes, the OS will most likely not gain access to the keyboard again, and a reboot is required.

A much better solution would be to have this functionality integrated in the kernel, and use the OS IKBD handler at all times.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, or if this functionality exists (in such case, please excuse my ignorance).

Any comments?

-- Peter