Re: [MiNT] Samba set-up

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 09:41:51 , Petr Stehlik <pstehlik@sophics.cz> wrote:

> Peter Slegg pí¨e v Pá 05. 10. 2007 v 22:03 +0200:
> > I think I have it working. It wasn't clear to me from what I had
> > read that the interface should be the ip of the Milan.
> >
> > The smb.conf now has:
> >    interfaces = 192.168.0.201/24 127.0.0.1/8
>
> interfaces = eth0 is OK as well
>
> > The Milan appears on the windos laptop Network but it asks me to
> > login so I may need to set-up the smb passwords.
>
> guest ok = yes should allow you to share without passwords.
>
> Petr

I have it working :-)  Mint is excellent.

I found a doc on the net that explained how to create the smbpasswd
file and create an smb account password. The smb server has to be
running for it to work but essentially I did:

> smbpasswd -a Peter

to set the password and then uncommented these lines in smb.conf

  encrypt passwords = yes
  smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

then I could login from the laptop and move files across.

Regards,

Peter