Re: [MiNT] Redirecting stdio using Fforce/Fdup

on 10/29/07 5:43 AM, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm working on a small application that needs to run a .ttp as a child and do
> some screen scraping on it. Basically I'm building a GEM frontend to an old
> .TOS-program with a character based UI.
>
> As I need to run this program under both MiNT and MagiC I can't use pty's, so
> I assume I must use Fforce/Fdup. The problem is that I don't understand how
> these calls work, and I'm having trouble finding good documentation and
> programming examples. Can anyone suggest some readable sources that use these
> calls, or perhaps explain to me how to use them? It would be extremely helpful

I had asked this very same question some time ago.  ;o)  Is there an mint
list archive somewhere?  I use these to redirect the GFA Compiler and Linker
output to disk.  If you don't figure them out from the available docs, let
me know, I'll dig up an example.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/