Re: [MiNT] Mintnet success ?

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:30:26 -0500, Mark Duckworth <mduckworth@atari-source.com> wrote:
> The MTU of ethernet is 1500.  Under will definitely work fine, but you
> will incur more overhead.  Sounds to me like you're ahead of the game
> though seeing as how it's actually working.  I don't think this is
> negotiable when it comes to setting it higher though :-P  The fact that
> it's working indicates an undersized/corrupted buffer somewhere (or
> perhaps a defect with the card).
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

I've tried several different drivers and 3 different cards so we
can eliminate those possibilities.

Why does lo0 have mtu bigger than 1500 ?

lo0:    flags=0x4b<UP,BROADCAST,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 127.0.0.255
        metric 0 mtu 16384

Is 1500 a Mint limitation ? On a linux box I could ping packets
much bigger than 1500

Peter