Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.2.2 and binary compatibility

Roger Burrows wrote:
Hi Andreas,
On 24 Nov 2007 at 12:37, Andreas Schwab wrote:

Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr> writes:

There is a well-known ABI for calling TOS/MiNT.
This interface should be compatible with gcc's 16-bit ABI.

But is there a standard ABI for internal data structures alignment, as
well as function calls, eventually across the static libraries ?
Is GCC 2.95 the de-facto standard ?
AFAIK all pre-existing C compilers on the Atari were using 16 bit ints
and gcc was the first one also offering a 32-bit ABI, thus being the one
which defined it.

I had thought that Lattice C was the first, but after a quick look on the net
it seems that GCC v1.30(!) was ported to the ST sometime in 1988, so that beats
Lattice C v5 by about 5 years ...

Heh. I think it was 1987 actually; I was the Atari maintainer for GCC and the other utilities way back then.

--
  -- Howard Chu