Re: [MiNT] gcc 4.2.2 native

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 13:27 +0100, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> Alan Hourihane a écrit :
>  > I've managed to compile gcc 4.2.2 for the native host on my Linux PC.
>
> Excellent ! That's a really good news !
> Did you face some specific problems ? Was additional patching needed ?

No.

>  > So, the next step was to build binutils 2.18. I can see that this
>  > doesn't have all the patches from the previous binutils.
>  >
>  > So they'll need adding. I've stopped at this point, as I suspect Vincent
>  > will get this done pretty soon anyway.
>
> The native binutils 2.18 for MiNT, as well as some other native
> software, have been available on my site for some monthes.
> As usual, the build scripts are provided.
> http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/unsupported/

Mmm. I've looked at the script for binutils and it seems as though
that's still for a cross compilation environment and not native build.

Did you compile binutils natively using the old gcc 2.95.3 compiler ?

Remember, by native, I mean has been built on an Atari.

> I used as and ld to assemble a Hello World with Steem and the TOS 1.62,
> it worked perfectly !
>
> You said that some patches are missing ? What ?

In the previous binutils patch you'll notice the "COMPILE_IN" code which
doesn't exist in your patch. Also the file m68kmint.sc is missing in
yours.

> There has been a lot of cleanup in the official sources, so now there
> are fewer files to patch in order to support our favorite platform.

Let me know if you want me to generate a new binutils patch.

Alan.