Re: [MiNT] GCC and MagiC

Hello!

I've heard many times that the binaries built with GCC (or the cross tools) does not work with MagiC.

I don't know where you heard this but it's not true. It's not an issue of the compiler or the MiNTLib.

If you compile Unix style programs that require a specific feature that TOS/MagiC don't provide the program for sure don't run or run with flaws or failures.

But I think you can't blame the compiler or the MiNTLib. They do their best to emulate all things that are possible under these restricted operating systems.

E.g. if you write a simple program that don't use a only under FreeMiNT supported feature it shall run perfectly fine under TOS/MagiC (if not please report it with an short example).

PS: Some older MiNTLibs had a bug that prevented correct OS checking a little bit, e.g. don't recognized the underlying TOS/MagiC correctly. But that was a bug inside the MiNTLib and is fixed since some time.

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060