Re: [MiNT] SV: USB mouse driver for EtherNat

Jo Even Skarstein skrev:
From: Bohdan Milar [bohdan@milar.name]
Sent: 2008-01-13 17:49:36 CET

launch the program in MiNT it ends with this error message: "pid 102
(umouse): XaAES: non-AES process issued AES system call 52, killing it".
The mouse works fine in TOS. Am I doing anything wrong?

Looks like the mouse driver is doing something wrong - calling the AES function 52 (which is form_alert()) without calling appl_init() first.

Yes, that is what is wrong. But in later XaAES versions this problem is dealt with by automatically doing an appl_init() for dirty apps like that. I had to do that because I found that this was a larger problem than I thought. I.e., more apps than I initially thought calls the AES without first calling appl_init(). You can try to install a newer version of XaAES and see if that works better.

Best Regards,
Odd Skancke