Re: [MiNT] Newest Native Binutils release....

> Same for the getop problem: the defined is tested in the BFD code, but
> never defined in the configure script !

you mean that getopt() declaration warnings? if I remember correctly,
the same goes for gcc4 -- there are also warnings about inconsistent
declaration.

> I made a big cleanup in the linker script recently, but I removed too
> much... However, there is absolutely no problem with the cross-compiler...

oh, thanks for explanation. i didn't know if i'm such stupid, i
clearly remember when I compiled some older patch of 2.18, it worked
ok ;)

apropo: do you know how it's with the bootstrap of binutils? I thought
it's enabled for native build but when I explicitely define
--enable-bootstrap, it gives me message: cannot bootstrap without
compiler. it nearly seems as it's possible to "merge" gcc and binutils
sources?

> Big question... I never managed to make a fully automated 3-stage build.
> I think it works only with well-known libc, such as glibc or newlib. I
> don't think it could work with the MiNTLib (because it doesn't use
> configure).
no, you're wrong here! try to compile gcc4 (without
--disable-bootstrap) and you'll clearly see there are full three
stages built -- i.e. three times xgcc binary at least. but it's true i
don't know if it's complete build.. but at least gcc make process
doesn't complain about anything. that's the reason why I asked about
that output install -- I'm not sure if stage1 or stage3 gets installed
(as far as I know, stage2 is gcc4 against gcc4 with -g and without -O2
flags)

> That multilib problem with libiberty may have been fixed. So we may
> enable it again.

can you be more specific? i know nearly nothing about that scripts,
where/how to enable it ;-)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org