Re: [MiNT] gcc 4.2.2 compile error

To summarize it, I've tried that stack command, it didn't help. Btw
strange thing -- is there any limit for the stack? I set 4 MB for that
xgcc and I've got memory violation as soon as some compilation
involved (configure script "checking if gcc works"), same for 512K
(and this even occured in gcc 2.95!). So the safest boundary seems to
be 256K?.

Hello Miro,

This might be a little late, but I usually am setting the stack to around 960k, and hitting every executable build at that time, even though I think the only ones that need it are cc1 and xgcc, and you also need to watch to make sure GCC does not try to recreate those binaries, which then invalidates your stack fixing. I had not had any luck building a native GCC 4.2.2 yet, but that was before the newer MiNTlib patches. I'll try it again (or test out your patches!) after Jan 15, which is a ScummVM release deadline for me.

Keith