[MiNT] The newest GCC/Binutils binaries

Hi all,

to make testing a bit more effective, I managed to compile some binaries for you:

- http://umpc.sk/projectm/m68k/gnu-tools-20080223.tar.bz2 (30 MB)

This is binutils + gcc for Atari machine as new as possible. Included m68060 support but binaries are 68000 only (I didn't manage to find how to pass some kind of BOOT_CFLAGS when we use canadian cross). Built using cross compiler so there are for sure no stack/memory bugs, mintlib (again with -fomit-frame-pointer) and pml (000, 020-60, 060) are also built against this toolset -- i.e. no gcc2 stuff involved ;)

I tested it in quake -m68060 -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer compilation under aranym and it works as expected, 060 libs also linked.

- http://umpc.sk/projectm/m68k/fdlibm-5.3-2.m68kmint.rpm
- http://umpc.sk/projectm/m68k/fdlibm-5.3-2.src.rpm

fdlibm with 060 support -- built against gcc2. Don't worry, it isn't tragedy, above mentioned quake is built against gcc2 mintlib/fdlibm and worked OK. Maybe even gcc2 libs vs gcc4 compiler was no issue at all -- it was maybe the same problem -- linking bad math library.

So if you have some stuff which you would like to test against "our" gcc, this is your chance, just unpack that archive into /usr/local and set PATH to look into /usr/local first. The mathlib rpm is useful when you want to try -m68060 flag, 060 mintlib you can compile by yourself (see previous mintlib patch I posted some days ago)

Please, take the time to test your favorite code, the more successful builds we gain the bigger chance we can release official gcc-4.2.3/binutils 2.18 rpm.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org