Re: [MiNT] remove 64bit declaration from include/glob.h

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 16:49 +0100, Patrice Mandin wrote:
> Le Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:23:36 +0000
> Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.demon.co.uk> a écrit:
>
> > If _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 then the declarations in include/glob.h get
> > changed to export to applications glob64/globfree64 which don't exist
> > in MiNTlib.
>
> Speaking of that, it seems latest sdlmame releases requires 64bit file
> support (stat64 and the like). Does it mean these functions are not
> supported in MiNTlib? I remember some 64bit file support have been added
> to the kernel.

Right. 64bit file support just doesn't exist for FreeMiNT at this time.

Sure, stat64 and seek64 (but that's a wrapper around seek anyway) exist
but there's a whole slew of stuff needed yet.

The alternative is to weak_alias the 64bit calls in MiNTlib to the 32bit
counterparts which will workaround apps that require 64bit support, but
obviously if they go over the 2GB file limit, strange things could
happen.

Alan.