Re: [MiNT] minix filesystem

Hello!

1. object files are created with ".o" extensions but LC is looking for ".O"

2. output file path is completely uppercased (i.e. if it's /root/test/test.prg, LC fails with message "can't find
/ROOT/TEST/TEST.PRG path") -- but this is minor thing since I can't use some TOS partition as output path.

The problem is that 1) -- I need case insensitive filesystem but with support for long names. Evil/DHS made nice article in
Alive diskmag about using MinixFS for Devpac -- since it was made for keeping some backward compatibility with dirty apps like
devpac.. I can't test it now, but please, could someone comment this? Is it possible to activate case insensitivity for minixfs?

Thanks for any hints.

Why you not simply use a VFAT partition? It's the most backward compatible, long name capable filesystem for TOS programs what don't really support enhanced filesystems like ext2fs or minix.

The ext2fs and minix are designed to be case-sensitive. You can't reverse this behaviour without introducing tons of new problems.

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060