Re: [MiNT] Looking for PPIDs in /proc

Hello!

I hope some of you can help me, my problem is this one:

I would like to see the parent's PID of each process in "/proc" from
one application that i am coding.

The ppid is available through /kern/<PID>/status (the entry called PPid) and through /kern/<PID>/stat (better tool readable).

<PID> is the pid of the process. Inside the stat information file the ppid is the fourth entry.

I found a method that works for some unix systems which it uses a
structure called psinfo_t,  but i think it doesn't exist in FreeMiNT.
Is there something similar to the process info structure (psinfo_t)
that i can use?
or do you know any method to go through the process table and check
the parents ID of each process running?

/proc is deprecated and shall not be used anymore. It's still here for backward compatibility.

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060