[MiNT] ext2 8GB ??

Hallo Alan!

AH>What firmware are you using on yours ?
AH>
AH>I have the latest 3.88 version.

I've got several, but would have to open the computer to check the version. I
won't have access to the Falcon prior to thursday, though.

On this Milan, the only EXT2 partition is on a "real" SCSI drive, so I can't
test. It has got a 40GB IDE disk with FAT16 and FAT32 partitions connected with
an ACARD device to the SCSI chain, though, and I haven't seen hardware-related
data corruption on that one, either.

The Falcon has got only one harddisk, and that's attached to SCSI with an ACARD
device. There are 2 EXT2 partitions on it, with a complete SpareMiNT
installation on one of these. I don't use that installation much, though, as I
haven't yet been able to make ScreenBlaster work and MagiC is simply still more
suitable for my tasks.
Yet I haven't experienced the kind of problems you've got. The Falcon is
equipped with a CT2A, which comes with some quite reliable clockpatch. The
occasional file system check did never reveal anything worse than some lost
cluster (or the EXT2 equivalent, anyway) after a program crash.

With best regards
Ekkehard