Re: [MiNT] Run from desktop or shell?

Hello Frank,

On Wednesday 27 August 2008, Frank Naumann wrote:

> > Okay, I had that part right but the console window was closed. That
> > was as silly as that... So I suppose my real question is: how can I
> > ask Toswin2 to open the console window prior to writing to stdout?

> I think that Toswin2 always open the console window (if xconout2.xdd
> is available). It's the user choice if the console is opened
> iconified for example.

Actually, if the user hasn't opened the console, it won't be
automatically opened. It is my understanding that the console will be
automatically opened for TTP or GTP apps, but not for a GEM application
already running that sends output to stdout.

So what I'm doing now is looking for the /dev/tw-con file, and only
write to stdout if it exists. However, if it's not already possible, it
would be a nice addition to add to TosWin2 some kind of message that
would make it open the console as needed.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire