Re: [MiNT] Traceroute

Peter Slegg wrote:

> bash-2.05a# traceroute www.rebreatherworld.com
> traceroute to www.rebreatherworld.com (78.129.143.98), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
>  1  192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1)  5.000 ms  5.000 ms  4.999 ms
>  2  * * *
>  3  * * *
>  4  * * *

It's been like this for about 3 weeks now. It used to work fine.

Normally, traceroute tries to reach every router between you and the target host. Sometimes, routers are configured to ignore traceroute requests, so a failure (indicated by * * *) should not considered as an issue. However, when every router is unreachable, there may be a problem near the last working router.

I guess 192.168.0.1 is your home router. Maybe there is a problem on its routing table, preventing you to reach some networks. Usually, the only routing parameter is the default gateway, obtained via DHCP. The obvious idea is to reboot your home router, but I think you already have done it in the last 3 weeks.

Try to traceroute some other host in order to see if it works better.

Good luck.

--
Vincent Rivière