Re: [MiNT] gdb & gcc 4.3.2

Miro Kropacek wrote:
is there anyone who uses gdb along with our newest gcc? I have quite a problem to use it on regular base -- at first, it seems like gdb doesn't like c99's mixed code with declarations. But when I removed all such code I realized it's general problem with { } blocks -- everytime debugger should enter some {} section (for(), if(), ...) it crashes at some strange (low) address saying it can't place breakpoint there. As soon as I replace $(CC) with /usr/bin/gcc (original gcc) it works...

No solution, but some news...

1) I reproduced your problem, exactly as described.

2) I managed to cross-compile gdb 5.0 (not so easy because configure stuff seems not cross friendly), using gcc 4.3.2 and the newest MiNTLib, and the result is exactly the same.

Something might be wrong in the debug info generated by gcc 4.3.2, but what ? That will require serious investigation...

--
Vincent Rivière