Re: [MiNT] gdb & gcc 4.3.2

If you can, please check if the problem is not actually in ld-2.18.
Nope. When I use whole "new" compilation chain except the gcc (CC=/usr/bin/gcc what is 2.95.3) is works.

Porting the new gdb 6.8 will require a big work (specific code for MiNT must be written). However, recompiling the old gdb 5.0 with the newest MiNTLib and bfd patch from binutils 2.18 would be easy and may fix everything ! I plan to do it (soon ?).
I keep my fingers crossed :)

Notes about the new gdb 6.8: there is a full-screen text debugger named gdbtui. That would be cool for MiNT !
And gdb supports remote debugging via TCP/IP. I think it would be possible to run the programs in ARAnyM, with a graphical debugger like ddd running on Linux or Cygwin. I would love it !
There's another cool GUI for gdb -- cgdb. I use it on daily basis, really nice one, it uses ncurses.

Anyway, I'm not sure it is possible to do that, and if it is, it will require a big work...
Why? TCP/IP is fully implemented in FreeMiNT and in Aranym as well.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org