Re: [MiNT] the kernel (was: Re: OT Highwire)

Hi!

VDI assembly usage should not be too much of a problem as I was talking about some other m68k kernel (linux-m68k). Anyway, if this is idea is taken seriously, fVDI (and perhaps even oVDI) could be adjusted to work on any platform, it's 'just' some more work to do ;)

The big difference from the OSIS times is that we do have an open- source VDI, AES, and importantly full featured gemlib implementations all in basically gcc compatible shape. One could simply get cairo as the base graphics layer and fix-up a VDI layer on top to provide source based compatibility.

From my point of view, the question is 'who cares?' :)

Best Regards

Standa