Re: [MiNT] malloc bug

Vincent Rivière píše v Čt 19. 02. 2009 v 15:11 +0100:
> Mark Duckworth wrote:
> > This is on aranym but it will happen on my CT60 too in a similar
> > manner.  Right now I am getting whole system freeze after a big compile
> > which isn't looking good.
>
> You could try ARAnyM MMU instead of JIT in order to see what happens?

That's what I've been suggesting last time Mark reported problems. The
JIT is really fast but is also very fragile. Any wild pointer or memory
overflow can (and will) cause serious problems that only the host memory
protection can catch (and that is usually too late).

If you want a real stable sandbox then go for standard ARAnyM (non-JIT)
which should never be killed by a program running inside it - and if
you'd like real memory protection against stack overflows then let
FreeMiNT handle memory errors - run it under aranym-mmu and enable the
memory protection in FreeMiNT.

Petr