[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [MiNT] New Freemint CVS Build
Mark Duckworth wrote:
> Got my autobuilder/uploader fixed up. New freemint kernel build at:
Wow, that's nice !
So now we can test the latest kernel (all variants !) without having to
compile it. Automated builds are definitely the right way to do.
1) I guess you didn't install binutils 2.19.1 on your build box, because
there are some garbage bytes at the end of the kernel executables. Do
you plan to use them soon ?
2) I see that the FreeMiNT kernel executables contain debug information,
so they are very big. Is it by design ?
3) mintlib-cmpsrc : Accurding to your readme, I expected to find the
file libc.a inside it (and probably a bunch of .o files). But it is not
here. Did something went wrong ?
Now some dreams ;-)
1) Automating the rebuild of all SpareMiNT packages in one pass. So when
a new version of binutils, GCC, or MiNTLib is out, we can recompile
everything with them, and get up-to date binaries with the bugfixes of
all libraries. It could be easy, because building a binary RPM from a
source RPM is an automated process. I remember you advertised something
like this some monthes ago, but it wasn't online...
2) Automating the build of a ready-to-use bundle, including ARAnyM,
EmuTOS, SpareMiNT... So everyday, any end user could get everything and
test test the new features without having to do complicated
Dreams, dreams... but nothing impossible here.